Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Step one to fixing any mold damage site our team works on is fixing the moisture problem. If you clean up/remove mold before finding the source of moisture, you're just causing more work for yourself. Stoping water from collecting, stops the mold from continuing to populate. Mold inside a building can cause a magnitude of issues. So, let's prevent the spreading of mold together! Here are a few tips from the professionals:
1. Have all air conditioning (HVAC) systems always on
2. Keep indoor humidity below 60 percent
3. Fix broken roof gutters
4. Fully dry any wet materials within 48 hours
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (918) 250-2300
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Greater Broken Arrow for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Greater Broken Arrow has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of Greater Broken Arrow proudly serves Broken Arrow, Oneta, and surrounding areas.